We are always looking for individuals who want to increase their skill set and expand their knowledge in the world of metal fabrication. Full-Time employees are eligible for benefits; Medical, 401K, Vacation, Holidays, and Life Insurance.
Fabricator / Fabricator Apprentice
For over 75 years, we have supplied the construction industry with parts all over the world. Recently, we have been fabricating buildings and components such as stairs, railings, and other hard to find parts all over the United States. We have not laid off anyone in years and can offer full time or part time employment.
As a result of the Covid pandemic, we are seeking additional people for both first and second shift for full time and/or part time. Are you interested in helping us to Build America? If you live outside the Elkhart area and are willing to relocate, we can help you make the move. If so, please apply today.
Knowing how to read a ruler is your starting point. If you don't know already how to do so, then click "How to Read a Ruler".
Next, do you qualify as a fabricator or an apprentice? Here is what you need to know to qualify. If you can weld, have used tooling that can punch or drill holes, used a metal working saw, or used CNC equipment, you will no doubt qualify as a fabricator. If you have not had most of these experiences, you will qualify as an apprentice fabricator.
Regardless of experience, if you are wiling to learn and are patient with yourself during the learning process, you will find a us a great place to work. Plus, you will make strong and beautiful fabrications all through our country.
We will help you refine your skills in reading fabrication drawings, become certified as a welder, train you to cut beautiful patterns on our new CNC equipment, and learn how to shear and form parts from flat material into many shapes.
We fabricate most of our products out of Steel, although we also fabricate using Aluminum, Stainless Steel and the occasional project that requires Bronze.
What it is like to work at Evans Metal:
- You will interact with all groups and through your organizational skills, which will we hope will result in a more satisfied client.
- Use several process programs and online services
- Work with all other staff including the CEO
- Regularly complete tasks and projects for which only your own common sense will prepare you.
- Be self-motivated, attentive to detail, strong enough to ask questions even for the 10th time, willing seek answers, and remain accountable for your actions.
- You will work with a talented team of friendly people
- Work in an atmosphere without conflict between team members.
- Heavily supported Health Insurance, 401k along with standard vacation and sick days.
- You will work with a company that has stability since we have been in business since 1945.
- We are a growing company where you are not micromanaged and are expected to make a difference.
- Your strengths and ideas are valued and utilized - not discounted!
We offer an immediate full-time and part-time positions. Individuals will need a valid driver’s license as they might occasionally be asked to drive to pick up or deliver material small material. Large material is shipped by trucking companies.
We work from 7am until 3pm with a paid lunch break.
Great pay as well as company benefits. Overtime is available. Benefits include employee health insurance where 90% is company paid, vacation, holiday as well as 401k retirement plan.
You will participate in our Quality Control program which ensures our customers quality products which have been properly inspected.
Apply Now!! Submit your resume below or click here to download the application!