We are always looking for individuals who want to increase their skill set and expand their knowledge in the world of metal fabrication. Full-Time employees are eligible for benefits; Medical, 401K, Vacation, Holidays, and Life Insurance.
February 11, 2021
We want you to join our team!
We are a fabrication company located in Elkhart, Indiana who is looking for a full time Administrative Assistant to work with estimating, fabrication, and engineering groups. As you learn our business model you can help make sure no emails, drawings, client documents or other comments are lost in our fast-paced office. You will interact with all groups and through your organizational skills, help all teams produce correctly made products on time, which will we hope will result in a more satisfied client.
Without additional training, we expect you will be able to:
Use Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Acrobat
Create or improve procedures which will benefit organizational management
Review several email accounts and bring important information to various groups
Exercise administrative wisdom to keep CEO informed
Remain in constant business communication with CEO
Ask many questions of CEO and others to better understand our business process
After understanding our business process, make decisions and help implement actions to improve our customer satisfaction
Answer and direct phone calls
Recognize urgent client calls for help and direct these urgent calls to the correct person
Greet visitors and direct them to the correct people
With training, you will be expected to:
Use several process programs and online services
Maintain/verify our shop’s hours daily
Gather critical information necessary to begin our fabrication process.
Work with our controller, estimators, and CEO for as we close out our projects
Help maintain project records
Prepare for weekly production meetings, take notes, and distribute tasks to everyone
It will be important to:
Build and maintain trust with our CEO
Maintain relationships with vendors, clients, and employees
Work with all other staff
Regularly complete tasks and projects for which only your own common sense will prepare you.
Apply your own organizational skills to help yourself and others in this fast-paced office
Be self-motivated, attentive to detail, and strong enough to ask questions even for the 10th time, seek answers and remain accountable for your actions
Education beyond high school in any field is a plus, but not required.
Especially helpful is a background in what is called the STEM curriculum.
(Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Education in construction management is helpful but not required
You will work with a talented team of friendly people
A work atmosphere without conflict between team members
Heavily supported Health Insurance, 401k, along with standard vacation, and sick days
A company with stability - we have been in business since 1945.
We are a growing company where you are not micromanaged but expected to make a difference.
Your strengths and ideas are valued and utilized and not discounted
Practical Questions asked during your interview
During your interview you' will be given an excel and word proficiency test. You will be asked to take a simple ruler test. You will also be asked several questions, among which may be the following. We are hoping that you will be able to demonstrate your basic understanding of any companies’ sales and production process. The following may be questions you could be given.
- A new order is received from a new client and it is for a large amount of money. If you owned the business, what would you do to ensure a successful outcome?
- We are an AISC Certified fabricator. (You should look up this term.) Our audit will take place in June of 2021. What does this mean? How might you help to make this successful?
- If you owned the business, what would be your main goal?
- You discovered that important information was sent to us. The person you thought might need to know was busy. What might be two or three things you could do next?
HEAVY FORKLIFT MATERIAL HANDLING POSITION
We offer an immediate full-time position. Individual will need a valid driver’s license as they will occasionally drive to pick up or deliver material.
We work from 7am until 3pm with a paid lunch break.
Primary Responsibilities are:
- Occasionally pick material up from a supplier
- Inspect and check incoming material for quality and quantity
- Unload/load material using a heavy forklift
- Place material received in the proper place
- Move various types of metal from outside to inside, which can be up to 60 feet long
- Move material from fabrication to paint shop
- Complete daily logs on forklifts and dry film thickness (DFT)
- Prepare material for painting by cleaning, verifying paint selection and thickness required
- Paint/prime fabricated material
- Maintain painting equipment
- Remove painted material from the paint shop
- Store the painted material using a tow motor
- Organize and coordinate finished material for outgoing shipments
- Load painted material on our or others truck.
- Deliver material to various local locations.
- Meet completion deadlines
- Communicate with Purchasing Agent regarding inventory and incoming materials
- Prior painting experience with airless sprayer is preferred. There are specific kinds of paints, application thicknesses, and other factors that affect the painting process required for each job. Some training will be provided.
- Prior heavy telehandler forklift and tow motor experience is required. Forklift certification is available to the right candidate.
- Be able to work independently and with a team.
- Familiarity with Delivery Tickets and delivery process a plus
- Must have valid Drivers License. Chauffers License Preferred.
- Pass a Ruler Test (must be able to read a ruler- available in the office)
This is both an outdoor and indoor position.
You will receive training and find that you will be working independently most of the time. You will be an important part of the fabrication team. Nothing is received or shipped without your involvement. If you can work on your own, and have good work habits, you will find this a great job.
Great pay as well as company benefits. Overtime is available for unexpected deliveries. Benefits include employee health insurance is 90% company paid, vacation, holiday as well as 401k retirement plan.
You will participate in our Quality Control program which ensures our customers quality products which have been properly inspected.
Apply Now!! Submit your resume below or click here to download the application!